Car Insurance Cover For Under 21's
Why is cover so expensive for Younger Drivers
Let's face, if you're under 21, car insurance is going to be expensive. However, in our last car insurance comparison check, we found quotes varied from £950 - £2500 and some companies wouldn't even quote.
The quote we submitted was for a standard 12 year old Ford Fiesta 1.0L petrol. OK, it's no dream machine but it's relatively cheap to insure. If the car you want to insure is fairly new or high performance, expect some 'eye-watering' quotes.
With money being so tight at the moment, you need to make sure that your next insurance company works hard to secure your custom. When looking for your first car insurance cover, you can save £100's in as little as 1 hour online by using online insurance comparison 'engines'.
Why is it so expensive for under 21's?
Here are some facts about claims from young drivers from a top UK insurer:
- More than 14 young drivers and their passengers are killed every week in Britain
- Male drivers aged 17 - 20 are almost 10 times more likely to be killed or seriously injured behind the wheel, than men aged 40 - 59
- 1 in 3 young drivers admits to overtaking when they cannot see what's coming the other way, compared with 1 in 10 older drivers (survey commissioned by Brake road safety charity)
Before using any online comparison services, make sure you have all the correct details to hand concerning the car you need to insure. You'll need to provide the exact make, model and year of manufacture along with your own personal details.
However easy is it is to compare your car insurance online, research indicates that 85% of people don't bother changing. The Barclays study suggests that Britons waste £1.7 billion a year by not shopping around. Come on, don't be one of them.
Motor Cover: Latest News
- Home insurance: London and West Yorkshire dominate burglary claims list
Analysis of claims data from MoneySupermarket shows 17 areas in which no previous burglaries were declared by applicants for home insurance Households in London's Stoke Newington and Apperley Bridge in Bradford are the most likely in Britain to make an insurance claim for burglary, according to analysis of information given by consumers on home policy applications. Analysing 3m quotes made ...
- Innovation Insurer Revalidated for IBM's Insurance Industry Framework
FARMINGTON, CT-- - The Innovation Group plc , a global provider of business process outsourcing and software solutions to the insurance, fleet, automotive and property industries, is pleased to announce ...
- Life Bancassurance in Europe: Investment-Related Life Insurance and Retirement Savings
NEW YORK, Feb. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue: Life Bancassurance in Europe: Investment-Related Life Insurance and Retirement ...
Can't find what you're looking for? Try here: